Monday, August 22, 2016

Cold in the Earth

I took my first Keith Lo Bue workshop recently by going on line to Artful Gatherings Retreats.  The class was called Paper It Over: Collaging The Found Object.  Keith is a very thorough teacher and his videos are of the highest caliber.

I used a number of different techniques on a simple wood box I got at Michaels.


My source for paper was this old ledger I had in my basement.


Out of the basement came this cool light crystal.


Buried inside the wood curtain rod holder is the image of a man.  
Hard to photograph so you will have to trust me.

Then it was time to paint.











And thus we have...
Cold in the Earth


1 comment:

  1. Nice! I love your piece. I took this class with Keith two years ago in Stamford- love his thorough teaching style as well.

    ReplyDelete